The Mattress Superstore

Tempur-pedic or Memory Foam?

Memory Foam

Heather R.

That is a great question Heather. I appreciate you taking the time to submit to my blog.

I have slept on Tempur-pedic mattresses and other brand memory foam mattresses. The initial comfort, though comparable at first, is vastly different when sleeping for 8-10 hours.

The Tempur-pedic mattress is made of a proprietary Tempur foam and poly core that is unique to the TempurSealy brand. Using a high density Tempur foam allows for millions of micro cells, that are called Adapt technology, to adjust to the shape of your body. Because of the high concentration micro adapt cells, Tempeur-pedic will have the most accurate body contour effect presently on the market. Tempur-pedic currently offers 3 diverse categories made up of the Cloud, Countour and Flex models. The price is a bit higher than other memory foam brands however the extra comfort and durability is worth it.

Other memory foam brands have come a long way in making a similar product however none have cracked the magic code that Tempur-pedic has to offer. Support, comfort and durability in one package.

If you are interested in brands that offer the closest feel you could try a European memory foam design. It is the closest and they have the same benefits as far as natural materials are concerned. A lot of people are interested in more Natural and Organic options. Malouf’s Wellsville line has some great options in that category.

Jay Franze

View more posts from this author
8 thoughts on “Tempur-pedic or Memory Foam?
  1. Karen R.

I totally agree that it is worth the extra money to do a Tempur-Pedic over the I comfort or others like it. I had an I comfort mattress for two years and it just didn’t give me the support I was looking for. I originally wanted the Tempur but I thought I would save some money and get something similar. It just wasn’t the same. I now have the Tempur Cloud Supreme mattress and it is so much different than my last mattress. I highly recommend spending the little bit extra. You won’t regret it.

2. Garrett D.

I appreciate the blog. I have been in the market for a mattress and was wondering what the difference is between Tempur-pedic and other brands like I comfort, casper, Saatva and all of the hundreds of other similar brands of memory foam mattresses. I am really interested in the Tempur Legacy 25th anniversary model. It feels the best out of all of the ones I have tried. I was surprised to find how affordable it is. I’m considering going ahead a purchasing it. Thanks for the info. 🙂

3. Hillary R.

It think that if everyone slept on a Tempurpedic the world would be a happier place. Lol. But seriously I have one and all of my girl friends do. We wouldn’t have anything else. My bed is the cloud breeze. Perfect!

4. Jeff T.

I have had cheap memory foam and Tempurpedic. I 100% agree with you . There is a huge difference in comfort, support and durability. Right now I have the Tempur Cloud mattress and it’s the best mattress I have ever owned. If you do the math you actually save money in the long run with Tempurpedic ecause it will last longer and keep you from having to replace so often.

5. Nancy H.

This article about tempu-rpedic was insightful. I have been wanting to try one for a long time but wasn’t sure if it was worth the extra money. I had no idea that there is such a big difference in the formula of Tempur foam vs. Memory foam. I read this and went right down to the Mattress Gallery Direct in Franklin by the Coolsprings mall. They had several models to try in the Cloud Supreme, Contour, and Tempur Flex lines. I selected the TempurFlex supreme. I liked the idea of getting the premium Tempur technology and coil springs in one package. I slept on it for the first time last night and I am so happy I finally decided to buy the mattress I want without letting the price tag deter me. Thank you Mattress Expert for this review. It really made a difference for me.

6. Valarie H.

You hit the nail on the head with this blog! I bought a cheap knock off memory foam mattress online. At first it was a major improvement over what I had before which was an old worn out spring mattress. I think it was a Serra perfect sleeper. Anyway, after about 3 months the mattress felt like it was sagging and was not nearly as supportive as it was just 90 days earlier. I did some research and stopped by Mattress Gallery Direct to try some Tempurpedic models. I bought the cloud supreme breeze. It was like 3 times the price of the online knockoff. We have had it close to a year and it is just as supportive as day one. The breeze technology is also a nice feature. It’s not cold but it does help keep the bed fresh feeling. I totally agree it is worth the extra money to buy a Tempurpedic mattress.

7. Ron F.

I love these Sleep blogs that you post. I just bought a new Tempurpedic and I’m glad to know that it really was worth the difference in price as compared with the other moemoryfoam brands like I comfort, I series, Nova form, Casper and Saatva. The reviews online are so skewed that its hard to tell whats what. I have really enjoyed my Cloud Supreme by Tempurpedic. I feel it is worth the money. It’s hard to put a price a good sleep because it is such a valuable thing.

8. Dallas W.

I just bought my first Tempurpedic mattress a month ago. I still cant bekive that this technology has been around since the 80’s and I am just now jumping onboard. If I would have bought one years ago I could have saved thousands on chiropractor visits. My back has literally never felt better. I guess I am just so use to buying things that don’t do as advertised. I really thought that there is no way it is as simple as buying a tempurpedic and my back pain would vanish. You live and you learn I guess. Glad I finally did it though.